Here’s the deal: Since I petitioned for Talulah Riley to be Bond Girl 23 and gasped about the villain queries, a lot has happened. EON went bankrupt/up for sale, and the 23rd film was practically killed and then brought back to life. Pins and needles, folks.
Last week, they had the official press conference to kickoff filming.
Now, I am a vocal Craig hater, so I hate to admit this, but I am SO FUCKING STOKED for the next Bond film “Skyfall.” Here’s why:
- Judi Dench is back as M
- Javier Bardem is the confirmed villain
- Ralph Fiennes is a confirmed actor, rumored villain
- Naomie Harris (Calypso in the POTC trilogy) is a Bond ally
- “Skyfall” is NOT a continuation of the “Casino Royale” – “Quantum of Solace” duo
- Sam Mendes is an Academy Award winning director (this is a first for Bond)
- French actress Berenice Marlohe is the Bond Girl (and wonderfully reminiscent of Sophie Marceau as Elektra King)
- Conflicting rumors say this film is “action packed” and “action lacked” meaning it should finally have the right amount of action
- Adele is rumored to be a contender for the theme song
After all the mishaps and injuries during production of “Quantum of Solace,” it will be interesting to see if the ghosts of Bonds past accept “Skyfall” and let the actors and crews film with ease (it is fully my belief they were trying to prevent that travesty from ever reaching the screen). Release is set for November 2012. Don’t let me down.