You probably can associate “Ian Fleming” with “James Bond.” At very least you could nod and pretend you knew it when I tell you he’s the author.
What else do you know about the creator of our famed British spy? I’ve recently realized I know very little about the man, so I added a biography to my reading queue. But here are some things I know, that you should, too.
- He owned a house in Jamaica, which he named Goldeneye.
- He was only 56 when he died. That was just two years after the first time Bond hit the big screen. Two of his Bond works were published posthumously.
- He wrote Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang.
- Bow ties were his embellishment of choice.
- JKF was a particular fan of Fleming.
- He was a journalist, stockbroker, and Navy man.
- He was born on this date in 1908.
Happy Birthday, Ian!